Against Washington Takeover. For Michigan Solutions
I have participated in town halls across Michigan discussing the problems and solutions to health care. Overwhelmingly, individuals have been concerned with the proposal being forced through Congress. People recognize it as Washington taking control of another aspect of our lives and taking away personal freedom.
The health care overhaul being debated in Washington will have a devastating impact on the state of Michigan and its citizens.
It is estimated that under the House bill 379,000 Michiganders would lose their current
Instead of the government orchestrating a massive overhaul of the health care system that places power in the hands of bureaucrats, Congress should slowdown and address each problem with the current health care system individually.
I have outlined a series of bills that I have entitled the Seven Solutions Plan that are targeted solutions for addressing rising costs and providing access to health care to those that do not have it today.
SEVEN SOLUTIONS PLAN
- Small Business Health Fairness Act (H.R. 2607) - creates Association Health Plans (AHPs) that allow small businesses to join together to negotiate better health care insurance prices.
- Health Savings and Affordability Act (H.R. 3610) - Expands Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), which are a high-deductible insurance options that drive down costs by empowering consumers.
- Health Care Choice Act (H.R. 3217) - Allows individuals to shop for health insurance across state lines to increase competition and decrease costs.
- Assuring Coverage for Americans with
Pre-existing ConditionsAct (H.R. 3741) - Creates and maintains high-risk pools in states to cover individuals with pre-existing conditions.
- Improving Health Care for All Americans Act (H.R. 3218) - Allows individuals to receive a tax credit for qualified health insurance. It would provide for tax equity between individuals and tax-exempt employer-provided health insurance.
- Communities Building Access Act (H.R. 2925) - Allows for the creation of multi-share health care programs that distributes the cost of care between employers, employees and the community. This is based off a successful model in Muskegon.
- Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (H.R. 1086) - Reforms medical malpractice law, which unnecessarily increases the cost of health care and forces doctors to practice defensive medicine such as ordering tests that may not be necessary.
I encourage you to sign the petition and voice your opposition to the health care bill and advocate that Congress address each issue individually with solutions that empower individuals and not bureaucrats.
Actual Language for Petition We ask for Support of
SUPPORT THE SEVEN SOLUTIONS PLAN AND TRANSPARENCY
I, the undersigned citizen of Michigan and the United States, recognize that the health care bill currently before Congress will dramatically impact my health insurance and have a negative impact on the state of Michigan. Alternatively, I support a health care system that empowers individuals and not bureaucrats.
I petition Congress to vote on each of the bills outlined in the Seven Solutions Plan individually to address the problems in the health care system and to allow members of Congress the opportunity to review all health care bills for 72-hours before voting
If you are from Michigan, go here and sign your name to the petition and forward these awesome solutions!!! If you are not from Michigan, forward this on also.
R. George Dunn