April 21, 2009

THE TODAY SHOW -- Miss California: "For me,it was being Biblically correct."

As my 14 year old daughter and I watched the strength of this young Christian woman's courage and conviction on The Today Show, tears came to my eyes.  If a 21-year old "pageant girl" (her term) has the strength of character to stand firm for her faith on national TV in the face of cultural backlash, shame on the grown men among us who claim to be political and religious "leaders" ... who don't.  Carrie's parents must be, justifiably, so proud.
 
Gary Glenn
AFA-Michigan
 
------------------------------- 
 
NBC
The Today Show
New York, New York
April 21, 2009
 
 
Miss California USA Carrie Prejean,
student at San Diego Christian College:
 
"I knew that I was not going to win because of my answer.  Because I had spoken from my heart, from my beliefs, and for my God. ...It's not about being politically correct.  For me, it was being Biblically correct.  ...(Winning the pageant) wasn't what God wanted for my life that night.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I wouldn't be here right now with you, if I were to be Miss USA.  So I know that I have a purpose, and I don't take back what I said.  I was true to myself, and I know now that I can go out and speak to young people about standing up for what you believe in and never compromising anything, for anyone or anything, even it's the crown of Miss USA."  Full video: http://www.eonline.com:80/videos/v20377463001_miss_california_reflects_on_answer.html
 
"This happened for a reason. By having to answer that question in front of a national audience, God was testing my character and faith.  I'm glad I stayed true to myself." http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517228,00.html
 
* Video of Carrie's support for one-man, one-woman marriage during Sunday night's broadcast of the Miss USA Pageant, in response to a question by an openly homosexual judge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-1cybT6p8&feature=related
 
* For a sense of the homosexual judge's vicious intolerance of Carrie's daring be true to her faith and beliefs, watch this MSNBC interview and imagine how the liberal media would treat a conservative who used this kind of language to talk about a woman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klT0aSRTuDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be patient on comment approval. Too many places to be. Thanks for your thoughts.

www.sdforeclosureinsider.com